Processing a driving permit in Uganda requires payment of the associated fees. Part of the fees are payable at the bank while others are paid at any of the Face technologies offices where one is processing from.
A lot of changes have been witnessed from the past with regard to driving permit fees. Payable fees have over the time been increasing for a similar service for example the required fees for a 3 years validity permit renewal.
Also read: How To Get A Postal Address In Uganda
In order for one to be on a safe side, it is important for one to stay update with the new driving permit fees as that helps one to plan in advance as opposed to waiting when its too late for example going to Face technologies minutes knowing how much you are required to pay and where to pay.
New driving permit fees in Uganda
- Learners / provisional permit 30,000/= paid the bank and 30,000/= paid at face technologies.
- Full /New permit 3 years 150,000/= / 1 year 55,000/= paid in bank and 80,000/= paid at Face technologies
- Renewal of permit 3 years 130,000/= / 1 year 50,000/= paid in bank and 80,000/= paid at Face Technologies
- Duplicate Driving permit (lost DP) 41,000/= paid in bank and 30,000/= paid at Face Technologies
- Extension (add class) 41,000/= paid in bank and 30,000/= paid at Face Technologies
- Foreign permit exchange 3 years 150,000/= / 1 year 55,000/= paid in bank and 80,000/= paid at Face technologies
- Driving permit / class extension testing fees 25,000/= paid in bank.
Note: Rates above are quoted at post publication date and are subject to change without any notice. Always refer to URA web portal for current fees and Kyambogo Face Technologies just n case.
Also read: Uganda Driving Permit Classes
All of the fees payable in the bank attract a bank charge of between 2,300/= to 3,000/= depending on the bank where one is paying from. Always refer to the bank charges sheet to understand how much you will be charged as bank charges.
Having a question or an inquiry? Feel free to leave a comment by filling in the below form. I will be glad to respond!