You can get a new full driving permit in Uganda by submitting in all of the required documents including payment proofs at Face technologies Kyambogo office or any other branches countrywide.
Obtaining this kind of license is the last step towards real driving on Ugandan roads. A full driving permit grants one permission to drive all motorized vehicles falling in the class of permit one has been awarded. Depending on ones choice, you indicate the class of permit you want to get an the initial stages of the entire process i.e when processing a learners permit.
Full driving permits in Uganda are issued for certain duration for example 1 year or 3 years which is determined by you when filling in the last payment form at the URA web portal.
Requirements for issuance of full DP
- Full new driving permit fees (1 or 3 years)
- UCDP 1 medical form
- Having undergone a full drivers test at IOV
- Learners permit stamped by IOV with competence number
How to process a full new driving permit
Step 1: Obtain a learners permit and test with IOV
Step 2: Download, fill and sign the UCDP medical form.
Step 3: Pay for full new driving permit fees
- Visit https://ura.go.ug/
- Click on “eServices”
- Click on “Payment registration”.
- Check “NTR”, and select “Full / New Driving Permit 1 or 3 years” under “NTR head”.
- Fill in your names and all other information as required.
- Select “payment mode” of choice e.g “cash” and select bank of choice.
- Click accept and register and print out the bank payment slip.
- Pay the associated fees in the bank.
Step 4: Proceed to Face technologies
Attach the above and submit to Kyambogo Face Technologies office or any other countrywide. You will be issued with your permit within between 30 minutes to an Hour.
Also read: How To Renew A Driving Permit in Uganda
Note: You are limited to driving those vehicles corresponding to the class of permit obtained for example class A is limited to motorcycles only. In order to obtain an additional class, you need to follow a set of procedures as you will see below. You are ready to drive once this step is completed.