Do you want to apply and obtain a TIN number from URA? If you are among the many who have been searching for this, say bye to the search. Yes, this guide will take you through the entire process from applying to getting your Individual unique tax number same day and enjoy the benefits associated.
A tax identification number is a 10 digit unique number for every individual who want to fulfill his or her tax obligations, and is issued by Uganda revenue authority.
In order to apply for a TIN, an individual should meet certain requirements which without, it becomes difficult to have it issued. Those requirements include;
- Two copies of different ID’s.
- Working email and phone number
- Proof of employment (income source)
- Referee with a Tax number
Once you have the above, please follow the below procedures to apply and obtain yours.
- Go web portal
- Click download online forms
- Click Tin Individual Registration (DT 1001)
- Save form and open it on your computer
- Enable Macros in MS Excel and fill form.
- Click Validate at the End of form and Save upload file.
- Open web portal again and go to eServices.
- Click Individual Registration and select New form.
- Enter your name, select file, agree terms and click upload.
Print uploaded forms, attach all copies of the requirements and submit to any Uganda revenue authority branch office (Nateete, Ham shopping grounds, Nakawa, DTB Kampala road, Nansana, Makindye, Katwe, etc). Your documents will be verified and you will be issued with your unique number right away.