The University of Delaware is the top party school in America, according to a student survey by the Princeton Review. The tutoring, test prep, and college admission services company surveyed 138,000 students at hundreds of schools and asked them to rate the institutions on dozens of topics — including partying.
The top 20 party schools were scattered throughout the country, but three of them were located in New York. The rankings — and dozens of others in other categories — were included as part of the company’s top 384 schools in the country.
Here are the top 20 party schools in the country:
- University of Delaware — Newark, DE
- West Virginia University — Morgantown, WV
- Tulane University — New Orleans, LA
- Syracuse University — Syracuse, NY
- Bucknell University — Lewisburg, PA
- Lehigh University — Bethlehem, PA
- University of California – Santa Barbara — Santa Barbara, CA
- University of Wisconsin – Madison — Madison, WI
- Colgate University — Hamilton, NY
- University of Rhode Island — Kingston, RI
- The University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa — Tuscaloosa, AL
- University of Vermont — Burlington, VT
- Providence College — Providence, RI
- Wake Forest University — Winston-Salem, NC
- Union College (NY) — Schenectady, NY
- University of Maine — Orono, ME
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign — Champaign, IL
- University of Florida — Gainesville, FL
- Florida State University — Tallahassee, FL
- Sonoma State University — Rohnert Park, CA
Robert Franek, editor in chief at The Princeton Review and the book’s lead author, said in a release that the 384 “best” colleges were primarily based on their “outstanding academics” and that the authors “highly recommend each one.” But Franek noted stellar academics aren’t the only things students — and parents — look for in a college.
“We created our 62 ranking lists to help narrow that search,” he said. “They are based entirely on data we gather beyond academics that give insight into what the schools’ enrolled students say about their professors, administrators, school services, campus culture, and student life. In the end, it’s all about the fit.”
Among the key findings: Bentley University had the most highly-rated career center and Vanderbilt University in Tennessee topped the “Great Financial Aid” list. Reed College in Oregon — where most class sections contain just two to nine students — ranked No. 1on the list, “Professors Get High Marks,” based on how students rated their faculty specifically in their roles as teachers.
Here are the top performers in some of the other categories:
- “Most Accessible Professors” — United States Military Academy (New York)
- “Best College Dorms”— Washington University in St. Louis
- “Best Campus Food” — University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- “Best Health Services” — University of Wisconsin-Madison
- “Most Beautiful Campus”— Bucknell University (Pennsylvania)
- “Best Athletic Facilities” — The University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa
- “Happiest Students” — College of William & Mary (Virginia)
- “Most Politically Active Students” — American University (Washington D.C.)
- “LGBTQ-Friendly” — Emerson College (Massachussetts)
- Stone-Cold Sober Schools” — Brigham Young University (Utah)
- “Students Pack the Stadiums” — Syracuse University (New York)
- “College City Gets High Marks” — Tulane University (Louisiana)
- “Their Students Love These Colleges” — Clemson University (South Carolina)
The 84-question survey asks students about their school’s academics, administration, student body and themselves. The list of top party schools in california.